If you have a Chicago, IL house that needs a lot of work before being put onto the market or you don’t want to possibly wait 6+ months to sell your house, contacting a local, professional, home buying company to purchase your home quickly for cash may be the right option for you.
Selling your property to a reputable and experienced cash buyer will allow you to sell your house 100% AS IS. You won’t have to worry about spending the time and money involved in performing numerous repairs throughout the home. Leave the construction and hassle for a professional to handle by selling your property at a slight discount to a local cash buyer.
Buy My House for Cash in Chicago, IL: The Plan
The first step that you need to take in order to sell your Chicago house fast to someone else with a “buy my Chicago IL house for cash” mentality, is to come up with a game plan.
You’ll want to spend the time looking around at other houses in the area and do additional research online. Pay special attention to the condition of the property you have as this will have a significant impact on the overall valuation of the property.
1. How fast do you need to sell?
This is one of the most important first decisions you need to make… because this really dictates what options you really have. If you have more time… you have more options open to you.
If you have less time… your options are a bit fewer… but you still have great options out there.
If you need to sell in less than 2 months (or even less time than that), you likely don’t have the time to list your house with an agent. You’ll likely have to try to sell the house yourself (if you know how to) or sell your house to a local professional house buyer like Blue Ladder Development (or you can call us at 630-387-6861 and we can make you a fast-fair all-cash offer on your Chicago area house).
2. How much do you need to sell your Chicago house for?
Note that above it says “how much do you need” to sell for. It is important to think beyond today when going through the process of selling your property. Without having a detailed plan for your living arrangements in the future it will be difficult for you to determine what you actually need to sell your house for.
For example, if you intend to move out state because of a job transfer then you’ll want to figure out how much homes cost in the area you will be moving to and what you’ll need out of the current house sale to make the move possible. Figure out your next move will be after you sell the property and then determine what you actually need to sell the house for.
If you find yourself needing full retail value and have the luxury of waiting for the home to sell then listing with a real estate agent may be the best path for you. However, if you are working within a tight timeline a cash offer from a house buying company may be a great fit.
If the price you “need” to get doesn’t leave room for a real estate agents commission… you may need to look at selling the house FSBO or getting an offer from a local real estate house buying company like us… to see if that gets you closer to where you need to end up.
On the flip side… if you need near full-retail value and you can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along who can pay that price… list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have the time… consider talking to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if you need to, with all cash).
3. Look into your options and take action!
Like I mentioned above, if you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Chicago IL house for cash”… the main things you need to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you know those… look at your options below as a quick guide to help you decide which options may work for you with your local Chicago house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford the 3-6% in commissions on the sale. If so, going with an agent will likely get you your highest price on your property.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Chicago house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house… but we don’t charge any fees at all. What we offer you is what we pay you. If you value your time and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now… call us today at 630-387-6861 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-6% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure… your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden.
We can help you strategize how to sell your Chicago IL house fast. Give us a call at 630-387-6861 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast, fair all-cash offer.
There are several reasons why you may be thinking “buy my Chicago IL house for cash – please let it be that simple” (and it can be). Regardless of your reasons, you need to prepare your house for sale just as you would any other product. A thoughtful preparation WILL turn your home into an attractive option for buyers. Doing it this way, you can sell your house fast and get top dollars.